What a great idea – why not air out my dirty quilting laundry? Visit 13 Spools to see where this all began. I laughed out loud at number 2.
- I hate solids. I’ll understand if you stop reading now.
- Not a fan of liberty, either. Cotton + Steel? Whatever.
- I don’t love my LQS. It’s way too expensive and they aren’t nice enough for me to be able to overlook this. Didn’t really care for the LQS in the last place I lived either, never bought a thing from them (though they did longarm a quilt for me). Maybe I just don’t like local quilt shops?
- I will be 40 in six months, but only learned how to properly knot thread for hand binding this weekend. Thank you, Youtube.
- Hexagons? Not bloody likely, my friends.
- People who replicate quilt patterns using the exact. same. fabrics. I’m judging you, and not all that silently.
- It’s not a quilt if my cat hasn’t been on it. Or under it.
- I keep my rotary cutter blade on for months.
- Tula Pink tried to convince me when I met her at the Festival of Quilts in 2012 to use Prince Charming to make my Dreamweaver quilt. I may be Tula’s bitch, but I politely blew her off.
- I prewash fabric when I remember. See point 3 for factors that frequently affect my memory.
What are your quilty little secrets?